Prop 8 upheld

5.26.2009

The California Supreme Court just announced that it is upholding Prop 8, but will not invalidate the 18,000 same-sex marriages that have already taken place. This boils down to "This group of 36,000 people are okay, but no more!" In what kind of cuckooland does this make sense? Furthermore, it took them this long to reach the weakest ruling they could have mustered. How very milquetoast of them.

I'm very disappointed. I know we'll rally. I know good will ultimately prevail (right, Mom?), but I also know that good needs a swift kick in the keister to get moving. I'm tired of this back-and-forth over something that seems so simple. Once again, it's a civil rights issue, not a religious one. Even God would agree...

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Prop 8 upheld
Sing it! Bean is ready to be our flower boy, and Sweetie wants her damn wedding cake! Oh yeah, and all those pesky legal rights...
I'm not surprised by the decision (especially given the weak case presented on our behalf), and I have no doubt the efforts in 2010 will bring a sweet victory. In order to achieve said result, they need every penny they can get, so donate if you are so inclined:
www.eqca.org
(This campaign is *much* more organized and has much better leadership than the 2008 campaign.)

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .