A shitpile of thanks

11.27.2008

We started the day with a decree. Today is to be spent taking it easy, watching movies and wearing soft clothes only. (It's one of the perks of not going anywhere - you get to wear schlumpy clothing and not give a hoot. Plus it allows for unlimited grazing throughout the day.)

For the first time together we watched the Macy's parade. It reminded me of being a kid. We'd watch the parade at my grandparents' house while hearing the sounds of breakfast being made. This morning made me miss the sounds of scraping the burnt off of toast and a geriatric coffee maker. Ah, Thanksgiving memories.

Right now, I'm watching Miracle on 34th Street, my sweetie is making a sweet potato pie, Bean's asleep in my lap and I couldn't be happier. I'm grateful for these little things - this is what Thanksgiving is all about.

Happy Turkey Day, all.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for A shitpile of thanks
Mmmmm...sweet potato pie.....

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .