Recap: Month 2

12.24.2008

Yesterday marked Bean's second month. Only two months into the recaps and I'm already behind. I blame Christmas. Or the terrorists - take your pick.

In the past month, Bean has discovered his hands. Judging by the way he's typically holding them, I'm thinking about setting him up with golf clubs. His interlocking golf grip is great. And after all, if Tiger can get such an early start, why not Bean? I mean, parents whore out their kids all over the place, and it's about time Bean starts contributing to this household's bottom line.

(Kidding - sheesh.)

Since the last recap, Bean has taken even greater delight in the world around him. He's so inquisitive that he's rubbed the back of his head bald from turning to look at things. Not that he had much hair to begin with, but now there's even less. To make up for that, his eyelashes have really grown. It's like the baby equivalent of balding men growing ponytails. ("If I can't grow it on top, then I'll just grow it long. No one will notice the shine on top!")

In other exciting news, his eating schedule is starting to stretch. Night feedings were every 2 hours and sometimes less. Last night he went 4.5 hours before his first feeding and then 3+ hours before his next. Pretty soon, we'll all get a complete night's sleep and I won't know what to do with myself. I figure this luxury will happen right around the time that I have to return to my regular work schedule and have to be in the office at a certain time. It'll happen this way because nature is evil. And God hates me.

Anyway, tomorrow is Bean's first Christmas and we're all very excited. We have family in town from now until the end of the year, so posting will be (even more) light. To make up for it, I'll leave you with a photo of our semi-smiling cutie:


(Special thanks to Sara for knitting the awesome sweater!)

Happy holidaze and a safe, happy new year to all. See you in 2009.

Labels: ,



[ back home ]

Comments for Recap: Month 2
Doesn't he look like "I know something that you don't know..."

What a cutie!!! Wyatt had the same bald spot! hope you guys had a great Christmas! Wait till next year when he won't even care about the presents all he wants is the ornaments :) fun times ahead!

The sleep (at least for my 3) all night long came right about 11-12 weeks... :) hope the improvement continues.

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .