Pay attention, Schwarzenegger

4.07.2009

Vermont has it now, too. The state Senate overrode the governor's gay marriage veto 23-5 and the House voted 100-49. Seems a pretty large margin - and this without needing to make it a judicial measure.

The California Supreme Court decision on Prop 8 will be coming down soon. Fingers crossed.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Pay attention, Schwarzenegger
California, please don't make me ashamed to live in this beautiful state...the last eight years gave us enough to be ashamed of and we're done now, please-thank-you. As for every other state waking up and smelling the lovely coffee, rock on!!

Something is definately strange when CA and NY aren't the first two states to get this right - maybe it's a good sign, since we know CA and NY will absolutely get it right eventually. Maybe the country is waking up.... that would be nice.

Sherri, I hope you're right. It'd be nice to see a domino effect take place (in this lifetime), thank you very much!

Makes me so proud to be a Vermonter! can't wait to officially Marry my wife:)

So...are you relocating to Iowa or Vermont? If NC goes before CA we have problems. Although...we are getting more liberal with time.

Well, last I heard the majority of Americans think people (including gays) should be left alone to live their lives - just why that doesn't translate into "freedom to marry", really stumps me. Can we say, "praise the lord"? :) (In case I'm being obtuse, that's a reference to the religious right.)

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .