Happy First Day of Spring!

3.20.2009

Growing up in the Midwest, I always anxiously awaited this day. To me it signaled the end of all that god-awful snow and cold. Sadly, I was bitterly disappointed every year when it would snow on the vernal equinox. You'd think I would have cottoned onto the fact that this pattern was never broken, but - alas - I was deluded and stubborn (and eternally optimistic).

I now live in LA where warm weather is the norm. That today marks the beginning of Spring is more a notch on the calendar, but it still remains my favorite day. I guess if you spend enough time in Hell (which, I might add, is a frigid, icy place in my mind - no flames and warmth) then a warm intro to Spring is the least that Mother Nature can give you.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Happy First Day of Spring!
Not to rain on your parade, but the LA forecast is cold and rainy for the weekend...still beats snow and ice! :P

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .