Recap: Month 5

3.23.2009

I'll just barely squeeze this recap in before Bean's 5 month mark is officially over. As I type, he's asleep beside me on the couch, having squirmed himself into a REALLY uncomfortable looking position. (I tried to move him a few times, and he keeps going back to that position, so I guess he likes it. Ouch.) This position really shows how big he's become in the last month. According to his pediatrician, he's in the 97th percentile across the board. Not that I hold much stock in that, but at least he's proportioned well and not like he has a 97th percentile body and 4th percentile head.

If you didn't know better, you'd swear Bean's a 6-month-old. Not only does his size lead you to believe that, but sporting 2 cutie teeth and sitting up unassisted drive that point home. And if you watch carefully, he's started using his first sign - all done - with some regularity. If you don't know sign, no matter, he'll chatter to you all day long. It's the cutest thing in the world and is endlessly amusing. I love coming home from work and having him turn and greet me with a huge grin. Then we sit down and he tells me all about his day. I don't understand a single bit of it, nor do I care.

Complete validation provided by a 5-month-old. Gotta love it.

Labels: ,



[ back home ]

Comments for Recap: Month 5
I believe you understand every bit of it (and he knows it).

That is my favorite part of the day. Usually the girls are outside with their friends playing when I get home but they always stop and come running over yelling "MOOOMMMMYYYYY" and it makes everything worth it. I will be so sad when the day comes that they say "oh shit the bitch is back" but for now I am happy that I win over playing and friends!!!

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .