Why I don't ski

1.07.2009

Well, the obvious reason is it's a cold weather sport. Cold weather and I get along not one bit. In fact, I think it only took me 15 minutes to acclimate to California temps. Having spent far too much of my life near Cleveland (and never having enjoyed the 6 months of snow per year or the sub-zero days), I never again want to hear the words "lake effect snow." The only thing I find the least bit redeeming about skiing is the lodge. Sitting around drinking warm adult beverages in front of a roaring fire is more my speed.

And then you read stories like this. Hanging upside down from a lift with your pants around your knees, your bits exposed to the cold and an enlarged image of your bare rear on the BBC website - these would be more reasons to never ski. It reminds me of the old joke about the skier who needed to pee. Really, is it any wonder why I don't bother with the white stuff?

My sweetie says this post should have been written thusly:

Why I don't ski





The End.

Labels: ,



[ back home ]

Comments for Why I don't ski
Kinda gives new meaning to "a cold day in hell".

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .