Wonders never cease

10.20.2008

A few days ago, my almost 86-year-old grandfather was musing about the state of the economy and politics. "You know," he said "I've voted Republican in every election since Wendell Wilkie. Since then, every time our economy has been in trouble, it's been under a Republican president." And with that he's changing his party and is voting for Obama.

If, after 48 years of being a staunch Republican - and 86 years of being quite stubborn to boot - he can change, then so can anyone. Just read the story of Sister Cecilia Gaudette for further proof. The good sister hasn't voted since 1952, is 106-years-old, and she's voting Obama, too.

It gives me hope.

Labels: ,



[ back home ]

Comments for Wonders never cease

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .