No news is... no news

10.19.2008

We took a break from email and phone yesterday. It's getting old to say "nope, nothing yet" every cotton-pickin' day. Once again, nothing to report. I'm torn between trying everything shy of pitocin (so far we've given acupuncture, foot rubs, blue cohosh, black cohosh, nipple stimulation, sex, membrane sweeping, walks, stairs and red wine a try - all to no avail) and just letting it be. As it stands, we have a firm eviction date of 10/24 before it's off to Cedars Sinai for us. I can't imagine Bean wouldn't make its grand entrance before Friday, but, then again, I never thought I'd be more than two weeks overdue, either.

Early on in the pregnancy our midwife told us she was taught to never say anything other than "You look fantastic!" to a pregnant woman. Sound advice. I'm now going to add to that. If a woman is 40+ weeks pregnant, then trust me nobody is more anxious than her to be done with the pregnancy. In such cases, you can say things like "I'm sorry - that must be making you insane," or perhaps fall back on "You look fantastic!" Questions like "Still no baby?" or "When are you going to induce?" will only serve to irritate and drive her deeper into a funk.

Since I know you all are kind and wouldn't try to make me even more depressed, let me beat you to the punch. Yes, it's making me insane and Nat says I look fantastic (dirty liar that she is). Thanks for asking.

Labels: ,



[ back home ]

Comments for No news is... no news
You do look fantastic! xoxo

you really do. frustrated and a tinge insane, but fantastic nonetheless ;)

I'm so sorry you are having to resort to the nuclear option (ie: castor oil). I can't imagine how uncomfortable and just plain DONE you are feeling. I'm sending all the good "labor vibes" I can!

We missed you both tremendously yesterday. Thanks for the AWESOME gift.

*smooch*

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .