Altar boys and gay marriage

11.09.2008

I was reading an article on the Prop 8 protests aloud to my mom. In it, the article mentions the Catholics and Mormons as backers of the ballot measure. My mom piped up and said, "Wait a minute. The Catholics are against gay marriage, but molesting altar boys is okay?! The Church is allowed to write off the priests as 'disturbed' while they sweep it under the carpet and ignore the issue?? They have some nerve!" This is why I love Mom.

An Episcopal church in Pasadena has the right view on it: "How dare a religious body say these people are not holy and these relationships are not holy?" [Emphasis mine]

Amen.

Labels: ,



[ back home ]

Comments for Altar boys and gay marriage
The Anglican/Episcopal Church knows better than anyone not to get in the middle of a debate about marriage.

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .