What they don't tell you

11.06.2008

So, they don't tell you about belly buttons. And they don't tell you what a colossal sexpot you'll be. But what they really don't tell you is that you cannot leave the house for any period of time and still look presentable.

We went to pick my mom up from the airport the other night. (It's about a 30-45 minute trip.) Most parents will regale you with stories of how they dressed their little darlings in a great outfit, only to have them poop or spit up or somehow ruin the outfit. And this always seems to happen moments before meeting the grandparents for the first time.

But not us. No siree. I took one for the team. Bean looked like a little cherub. I, on the other hand, looked like I had a hard time working out the logistics of a glass of water.



Notice the semi circle of dryness? Yeah, that's where one nipple pad (of the three I was wearing per boob) took a stand. Figures...

Labels: ,



[ back home ]

Comments for What they don't tell you
I was speaking on a panel discussing midwifery and birth options once. Leaked through my green top in two lovely circles. And only had a grungy t-shirt in exchange. I chose grunge over leaky and looked like a, well, a tired mother of a newborn on a panel of professionals :)

Just think of it this way - when we were all admiring the boys for being able to write their names in the snow...you can do that with your boobies!! :P

Can you pump & freeze? Just to siphon some off?

The pump just arrived this morning - now maybe I'll be able to leave the house without having bath towels stuffed under my shirt!

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .