What I know about sexy

10.29.2008

I mentioned a while back that there were some things that you never read about when it comes to motherhood. Belly buttons being one of them and now the awesome sex appeal of a new mom. Seriously. I don't know how Nat can keep her hands off of me. It's after 2:00 and I've yet to shower. Not only have I not showered, but I'm sitting here writing this post in my breast milk encrusted bathrobe. Oh, but wait! It gets even better! Thanks to the joys of engorgement and an overly active letdown, I'm sitting with a towel tucked under my boobs, because the milk WON'T STOP FLOWING. Notice I said 'towel' and not 'bucket.' We're only talking drips, but still - who tells you this stuff ahead of time??

My sister has a friend who doesn't have kids. She and her husband want them... eventually. Every time my sister talks about her births or the trials of motherhood, the friend proclaims that my sister just set her back another year in wanting to experience the same pleasures.

Now, my intent is not to turn people off from parenthood, but rather to provide the information necessary to make an informed decision. I consider it my public service announcement(s). Think about it. If more people really knew what they were getting themselves into, do you think there'd be as many teen pregnancies? Screw abstinence education. I think showing kids a picture of me in my (current) full glory would do the trick.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for What I know about sexy
I had the same reaction to mommyhood and vowed to share the god's honest truth about it if anyone asked me a direct question.

Seriously, we need to get together for a drink. Oh wait...

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .