Sensory Bean

11.14.2008

We've taken loads of photos of Bean, none of which capture what he's like. To try and describe him, I've decided to break it down by the senses.

SIGHT
According to Mom (and I have to agree), he looks kind of like a cross between Winston Churchill and the Gerber baby... but cuter. It all depends on the angle and what he's doing. Pooping or pondering = Churchill. Cooing and smiling = Gerber baby.


SOUND
He's a grunty little bugger. Especially when he's being held he sounds rather piglet-ish. It's very endearing and makes for interesting phone calls. The other day, I was on the phone with Radio Shack and the employee heard Bean grunting away. The employee said to me, "You sound, um.... tired." I thought it was hilarious not only that he thought it was me grunting but that "tired" was the most polite term he could come up with. Sort of "Hey, it sounds like you're taking a dump - just a heads up that I can hear you."

SMELL
Is there anything like the smell of a baby's head? It's warm and sweet. Unlike the smell of a baby's neck creases which smell like sour milk and trapped fuzzy bits.

TOUCH
Bean's skin is so soft (no shit, right?) and I can make both of us fall asleep by rubbing his little back. He's like my woobie.

TASTE
Um. I may have painted myself into a corner here. Taste. Hmm. Well, I can tell you that Nat has determined that the best place to give Bean kisses is on the bridge of his nose. It's safe - no spit up remnants or weird baby byproducts to encounter.

To truly appreciate all that is Bean, you have to meet him. He's pretty awesome.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Sensory Bean
That's one of the best descriptions of baby yumminess I've ever heard :)

And I snorted at the thought of the guy thinking you were grunting in the background!

I predict that his "gruntiness" will evolve into a highly communicative male who has no trouble expressing his feelings. He will go down in history as the first male to accomplish this. Of course, I may be biased.

Is he on public view yet?

Aw, so sweet!

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .