30 day dead

1.10.2009

I hate to exercise. I know it's something I should do, but getting me motivated is close to impossible. I can also be very compelling in getting those around me to succumb to slothdom. I mean, which would you rather do: snuggle in bed, or go for a hike at the crack of dawn? True, the panoramic view from Runyon Canyon is pretty impressive, but that doesn't mean I'm ever going to drag my butt from bed just after the sun has risen to see it. My sweetie used to go with a friend and hike at that ungodly hour, but I felt no such compulsion. Instead, I did my level best to maintain the perfect temperature in bed (a job I did quite well, I might add).

Fast forward to now. I have given birth and, though I'm pretty close to my pre-pregnancy weight, the ways in which said weight are distributed are less than flattering. Which means it's time to bite the bullet and get off my duff. So I turned to an exercise DVD: 30 Day Shred. I thought it'd be a decent compromise - getting in a workout while watching Jillian Michaels' hot bod. The good news is I'm actually sticking to it. The bad news is the first level has been handing. me. my. ass. The jury's still out on whether or not it's a worthwhile endeavor. At the end of 30 days, if I haven't died, I'll let you know.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for 30 day dead
At least you'll look good in the coffin.

Remind me to tell you my story about Tae Bo.

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .