Ten thousand thank yous

2.19.2009

The votes are in and, though I didn't win, I was thrilled to even be invited to the dance. When you consider that I've been at this for such a short time, and already got some recognition from all y'all, it makes me very proud and extraordinarily thankful. Aside from the personal recognition, I'm happy to see a growing awareness of this little slice of life. That an award category for Best Lesbian Parenting blog even exists is pretty cotton pickin' cool.

Sincere congratulations to the winner in this category - Lesbian Dad. Take some time and pop over to her site, because that is some damn fine reading. Also support the other winners, and lesbian blogs in general. You'll find your life enriched for the experience.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Ten thousand thank yous
Ten thousand "your welcomes," sister. If your experience turns out to be like mine, it will do wonderful things to your experience of parenthood (if not to your parenting).

Again, a treat to learn about you through all this.

You rock for putting yourself out there and sharing your lesbo parenting journey. The fact that you're already getting some buzz just speaks to your fine way with words...oh, yeah, and the fact that you're a total smartass - everyone loves a fine ass. ;)

Really proud of you, Ms. K - not only are you very talented in this arena but you're a wonderful mom (both you and Ms. N are amazing parents) to my beautiful little grandson. I couldn't be happier - congrats!

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .