Valium times day

2.14.2009

Today is the day when single people bemoan their singledom and couples across the country engage in ridiculous acts of clichéd romance. Heaven forbid you just say "I love you" - and mean it - on any old day. Noooo... you need the blessings of the greeting card industry and a stuffed bear clutching a satin heart to adequately convey your emotions. I know it will shock you to hear that I've never been much a fan of Valentine's Day. Thankfully, my sweetie feels the same. Now that a baby's in the picture, it's even more ridiculous.

I look at photos of candlelit, rose petal strewn bedrooms and laugh. Our bedroom, by comparison, stacks up like this:

THEIRSOURS
candlelightnightlight
scattered rose petalsburp cloths everywhere
romantic musicthe melodious sounds of Bean making one of his signature crappuccinos
champagnebreast milk
slinky lingerieXXL t-shirt given to me by the car dealership - complete with breast milk stains
sex toys and lubeteething rings and spit


And finally:

THEIRSOURS


Somehow I don't think this is the image Hallmark was going for...

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Valium times day
HA! I 'd way rather hang out in your room anyway...that chick kinda scares me. :)

Ah, see, crappucinos - the smearing of which I speak is just around the corner...

I think the giant disconnect between the two scenes is interesting - we Americans are good at that...:)

Awesome!

My valentine's day consisted of going to a hockey game and watching Madagascar. Nothing says love like fights and King Julian...and there ain't nothing wrong with that!

Love your blog! Thanks for sharing, and BTW I voted, so hope you win something! Looking forward to helping you find a new house with a romantic master bedroom fit for a Bean!

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .