Recap: Month 4

2.23.2009

They say a baby develops more rapidly in the first year of life than they ever will. I totally get it. I do these recaps monthly, but I swear Bean is learning new stuff daily. It's an amazing thing to watch a kid's brain at work. And it's fast. When he figures something out, it's almost like you can see the tiny cogs shift into place and then he's off to the races with that new skill.

This past month it's his feet. Bean is absolutely entranced by them. (And who can blame him? They are the cutest piggies I've ever seen!) Every second he can, he's grabbing them, talking to them, studying them... The other night, I changed his diaper in the wee hours (ha! "wee" hours... diaper change... I kill me) and he wasn't even awake, but as soon as his feet were freed from his PJs, *pop!* up they went into his hands. Same m.o. while having tummy time. The rolling over that was beginning last month is now just a means of getting to his feet. It goes something like this:

  • On tummy - squirm, stick butt up in air, push legs in semi-crawling pattern (which is another new skill this month)

  • Get bored and rest

  • Decide that you haven't seen feet in more than a minute

  • Roooolllllll over

  • Land on back

  • *POP!* feet in hands

It's quite charming. It also means that socks don't stand a chance.

Labels: ,



[ back home ]

Comments for Recap: Month 4

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .