Recommendation request: cameras

3.06.2009

Way back before the digital age, I loved photography. I loved loading my hand-rolled film, spending time in a darkroom and watching the magic of prints developing. It was then what woodworking is now - peaceful entertainment. Fast forward (mumble, mumble) years, and I find myself wanting to get back into it.

The last camera I bought was this compact point-and-shoot. It takes great photos given its size - and I attribute that in large part to its Leica lens - but I find myself wanting the control and versatility of a digital SLR now.

And so I solicit your advice and opinions. Load up the comments, or feel free to email me.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Recommendation request: cameras
We have a Canon EOS that we absolutely love!

I REALLY like our Olympus Camedia but I've never used it on anything but "auto" - my pictures come out better that way :)...seriously, it does take beautiful pictures.

There are so many well-priced options out now...you might want to look into a Panasonic since you're happy with the point and shoot. The Leica lenses are indeed incredible and the SLRs get great reviews.

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .