Wherein science beats religion

3.09.2009

It's no secret here that I think the Bush clan is the scourge of the earth and that their politics were waaaaaay too influenced by religion. (What's that bit about separation of church and state again?) Today Obama took a step in reversing their idiocy and lifted the ban on stem cell research, to which I give a heartfelt AMEN!

I never understood how Bush was able to finagle that crap in the first place. I mean, yes, I get that the pro-lifers were up in arms (to say nothing of their monetary influence), but let's look at the ROI for it. Take one embryo and you get stem cell research that stands to benefit all of mankind. I think even Jesus would back ya on that one, guys - with the whole "selfless giving up of his life" being his m.o. an' all... Shoot, they could hit up crazies like octomom and kill two birds with one stone. Have a surplus of embryos? Don't want to raise 14 kids? Thinking 8 babies may be a bit much? Then donate your embryos to science!

I think I smell a great ad campaign...

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Wherein science beats religion
I don't know why you don't think octomom isn't a fit parent. I think she is great. Completely sane.

Totally...I think everyone should have 14 kids. Overpopulation is an alarmist concept created by the same liberal nutters who made up global warming. Which leads to my next trusim, that everyone should drive the largest SUV possible. A lot. And drink as many diet sodas as possible. And walk as little as possible. As often as possible, load up your huge SUV with your 14 kids, 14 diet sodas, 14 cup holders, and 14 DVD players, and just drive. American bliss. And total sanity.
Thank you Obama for restoring this country's sanity bit by bit!!

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .