Back to school jitters

3.17.2009

I've been out of the office for five months. The last time I went five months without going to a job was... never. Okay, that's not entirely true. I worked for myself for a while, but I still went into an office. Granted, the office was in my house, but just go with me on this.

Tomorrow will be my first day back since going on maternity leave, and the prospect is really weirding me out. Not that I've been there for a million years or anything, but I have been there longer than many. Now that I'm returning, I feel a little like the new kid at school again. In the time I've been gone, employees have been hired and fired, and life has proceeded without me.

I'm sure I'll settle right back into the groove, but still. It feels weird.

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for Back to school jitters
Make sure Nat packs you PB & J with the crust cut off.

Without you, the sanity of the office has dipped far below the ridiculously low level it was already at. Welcome back.

You know, even going back to my home office felt weird after Lilly was born. Like I was neglecting my true work raising Lilly and the rest of the shallow world had no idea what true priorities should be. It gets easier. A little :)

We missed you and are happy to have you back! The annoyed eye roll hasnt been the same without you!

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .