The most boring show on TV

3.10.2009

Back in college, I had a roommate who would actually watch the home shopping channel. Not just oops-I-was-channel-surfing-and-the-phone-rang. No, she would turn on the TV, go to that channel, and plop down for some tube time. Not only that, but when her family would visit they would all sit around our apartment watching QVC. I know people joke about what you have to put up with for the sake of family, but family-time around the television watching QVC?? Come. On. I would sit in my room listening to the insipid hosts with their overly-perky voices urging watchers to "just use Tootie!" and my eyes would practically get stuck from rolling so far into the back of my head.

Don't worry, it's not like I was scarred by the event. It's a memory that was refreshed the other night when I was channel surfing and saw this:



An entire show devoted to TAN TOWELS! Tan! Like, the most boring color ever. And a whole show on the most boring product they could possibly pair with the most boring color. What's next? "101 Uses for Wheat Germ" on Food Network?

Labels:



[ back home ]

Comments for The most boring show on TV
How about Balling with Cotton?

I'm sure Mr. Tan Pants Vanilla Ice Cream would love the Tan Towel show as well as what to do with the Wheat Germ!

© 2007 - 2009 Irreverent Mother | Layout by Gecko & Fly.
Steal anything from this site and you'll be sent to your room without dinner.

Curious?

If you picture everything the Catholics say you should be, and then reverse damn near all of it, you'll have a good idea what I'm all about.

I can be loving and a pain in the ass, all in the same breath (it's my special talent). I have strong opinions, but am willing to listen to others. If you want to discuss politics or religion, finance or pop culture, .